Helen Cameron Art Therapy
Transpersonal Art Therapy includes elements of meditation and delves into more than the personality of the self and includes all aspects that are closely connected. This includes the thinking mind, the physical body, the emotional heart and the spiritual nature.
Helen believes when we are not feeling 'well' we have disconnected from a part of ourself and what we are truly about. Art therapy sessions enable us to rebuild and reconnect our mind and body. It enhances relationships with both one self and others, and gives meaning and purpose to every day life. Helen uses Art therapy to guide the mind to alternative ways of thinking; ultimately enabling the individual to discover ways to enrich life and live in a more peaceful manner.
Expressing emotion through art mediums is insightful and empowering. Helen knows this powerful, healing and style of client centred counselling and therapy is one to be explored and experienced.
Art Therapy sessions can enhance your way of living as you learn to connect with your own intuition and wisdom which assists in living a more meaningful and joyful life. Through talk and creative expression you will gain insight into your own inquiries and connect with feelings, emotions and situations, gain more understanding, acceptance, self awareness, gratitude and perspective for your state of being.
Helen Cameron is an Art Therapist and Reiki practitioner who works with individuals and in group environments.
Helen also works in the Mental Health field where she uses her techniques as a tool for healing.
Helen holds an Adv. Dip in Transpersonal Art Therapy, Bachelor in Fine Arts where she documented and exhibited a body of work on 'mood maps' – looking at emotions and feelings and how they are portrayed through mark making. Helen has her stage I & II in Reiki Jin Kei Do.
- No analysing or judging of art expressions.
- No knowledge of art necessary - it is another empowering way for people to express through art mediums onto paper.
- Complementary service that works along side psychiatry and medicine.
- Exploring thoughts and the lead up to the feeling and emotion.
- Mindful meditation practise in session. Being comfortable with the uncomfortable.
- Improves physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
- Allows space for healing, feeling and expressing.
- Assists in increasing self esteem
- Another way to communicate/express what;s going on internally
- Increases connection and relationships with self and others
- Allows space for self expression and being heard without judgement.
- Helps with acceptance of life challenges and seeing these as times of growth
- A great way to self 'check-in' with feelings and emotions.
- Express whats happening in this moment.
- Assists in reducing feelings of overwhelm, stress and anxiety as you become aware of what grounds you and that you are supported and in-power of thoughts.
- Room for self exploration and discovery
- Increase self awareness.
- Creating and finding meaning in everything.
- Express self in a creative way
- Self compassion - creating a better connection and relationship with the self.
- Understanding the self – what works for each individual uniquely and collectively.
- Increase self acceptance and self esteem.
- Looking at inner and outer dialogue and if they mirror or not.
- Looking at thought patterns and re-creating to bring more peace and clarity to everyday life.
- Practising mindfulness – guided meditations.
- Relaxation: Finding calm and balance.
- Creating daily, weekly and yearly intentions in all aspects of life.
- Writing/journalling and creating personal intentions, affirmations and goals.
- Creating helpful and healthy mind and thought patterns.
- Observing and accepting emotions and feelings.
- Creating and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Being Mindful is a way of living with others, with the self, situations, responsibilities of actions, self reflection, gratitude and choice making.
“ Art Therapy sessions will help support and guide you through emotional change, gain personal insight and growth and allow you to gain a better understanding of yourself.”
Transpersonal Art Therapist, Mindfulness educator and Reiki Jin Kei Do practitioner.
Member of IICT the International Institute for Complementary Therapists.
Please get in touch.